Digital Marketer: Copy & Creative – Newegg Business (Aug. 2014-present)
What I do:
- Conceptualize and write landing pages, pitch e-mails, infographics, run a subdomain SEO blog, and provide UI/UX copy for the domain.
- Hygienic technical SEO monitoring and fixes to the main e-commerce site
- Prove success in organic channel content development for the company. 50 perfect YOY increase in 2015 and +33 percent the next year. (neweggbusiness.com)
- Work across departments in developing timely content. Sales team for customer pain and delight, and product managers for expertise.
Senior Editor – Marketwired, Inc. (Aug. 2013-July 2014)
What the word entailed
- Train and mentor newly hired editorial staffers.
- Handle the company’s top critical clients.
- Compose strategic content marketing pieces for Marketwired.com blog.
Copy Editor / Workflow Coordinator – Marketwired, Inc. (Sept. 2010-Aug. 2013)
- Manage workflow for staff of 15+ editors at a major international newswire.
- Copy editing and HTML coding client press materials for online distribution.
- Format quarterly earnings reports and SEC filings for publicly traded clients.
- Consult with clients about the company’s products, requirements, and recommended practice.
Managing Editor – Fan-belt.com (Aug. 2008-Oct. 2009)
- Lead editorial operations for a local music digest commissioned by VisitMilwaukee.org.
- Design website from the ground up using the WordPress platform.
- Create original photo and video content.
- Manage social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
Editorial Associate – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Inc., (Feb. 2007-Feb. 2009)
- Staff writing position with MKE, a weekly U35 entertainment newspaper.
- Perform in all capacities of publication production.
- Produce original content for print and online.
- Manage online calendar.
Freelance Contributor – Milwaukee, Wis. and Greater Los Angeles, Calif. (ongoing)
- Write feature content for: Reddit’s Upvoted, LA Weekly, GuitarEdge, OC Weekly, CyberCoders and more.
Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Content Management Systems (WordPress, Movable Type), Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign.
Content marketing strategy, copywriting, and digital marketing management; news writing, copy editing for AP style and Chicago style, client services and consultation in PR, high-volume workflow management, internal communications, marketing operations management, online content management, quality assurance operations.
Marquette University: B.A., Journalism, Milwaukee, Wis. (May 2003)